The Importance of Putting Things into Perspective
How many times have you been frustrated standing in line, rehearsing over and over again in your head what you are going to say to the person at the counter to make them do what you want by the time you get to the front of the line. Or when you’re trying to call to complain about the defected product you only bought a week ago, to only be put on hold, all you can think about is how angry you are and you are going to let them know about it. When really, the reality of it all, that person you’re about to talk to has had NOTHING to do with the problem you’re about to share with them. For them, it is probably just another day at the office for a position they really don’t like because it is people like you that make every day miserable.
Well, what if you took a different approach? What if you were nice to them, let them know you know this problem isn’t their fault, but that you hope they can be the person to help solve the problem. Help them be the hero of the hour. Well, here is a story of a man who did just that at an airport when all flights were being cancelled due to the snow. In Seven Simple Ways to Subtly Influence Others, author Kevin Eikenberry shares his story on how him being positive and polite he was able to get the last seat on the last plane that left Denver that night. Read it!
This article really is a great read. Really makes you think about how the positive things you do could not only change the outcome of your day, but how much better you made someone else feel that day. What goes around, comes around.
About KellyWorking at changing the world, with the little things we do, every day. I am the Doer Team Manager and the Do Good Doer at Brown Paper Tickets. My hope with this blog is to help spark a change. To look at the little things we do everyday and see how we can be a positive impact on everyone around us. The more each of us do, however small it may seem, the better world we will all have.
- #fitbodyguide bit.ly/1J3nugr 1 year ago
- Got my free preview of Anna Victoria's Fit Body Guides! Gonna get my fit body! :) #fitbodyguide bit.ly/1TNSKSh 1 year ago
- Got my free preview of Anna Victoria's Fit Body Guides! Gonna get my fit body! :) #fitbodyguide bit.ly/1J3nugr 1 year ago
- RT @OTATpdx: Off to #rescue 5 #dogs from a rural shelter in #Nevada and find them loving homes in #Portland. Today is awesome. #rescue #ado… 1 year ago
- RT @marshawright: Tweet #positive #quotes today http://t.co/aqJUzlICfg 1 year ago